Preschooler love to spend time with Mom, Dad, Grandma or Grandpa. But it’s hard now-a-days to find the time in your busy day to spend with your preschooler or toddler. Age appropriate art project can be a fun way to enjoy time with your preschooler. Your preschooler will have a blast as he or she spends time with Mom or Dad making an arts and crafts project! Here is a cute and easy art project for parents to spend “preschooler quality time”.
Bring the outdoors inside – or do this project outside if it’s a beautiful day! Create this sweet and cozy new home for adorable pom-pom birds. Your child will always remember this time spend with Mom or Dad.
Watch the video below with your preschooler; it’s fun to watch together as parent and preschooler see the Baby Bird Nest being created.
What You’ll Need:
- Paper plate
- Shredded brown paper (use a recycled brown paper bag)
- Orange piece of colored paper (or any color your preschooler wants to use)
- Three blue pom poms (use the color your preschool likes)
- Three Popsicle sticks
- Googly eyes
- Brown paint (small amount is needed)
- Cut a paper plate in half and staple the rims together (leaving the top of the nest open).
- Paint the plate and let it dry.
- Then glue shredded brown paper onto the front to add texture.
- Create the birds by gluing three pom-poms to the ends of Popsicle sticks, one pom pom for each stick.
- Add googly eyes and colored paper beaks for a little personality.
- Have your kids slide the ends of the Popsicle sticks between the plates (for extra security, glue the sticks to the plates)
- Your child can allow their sweet baby birds to rest inside their new nest or pop up when they get hungry!
Copyright © 2011 Meredith Corporation.
To watch the Baby Bird Nest Craft How-To Video with your child; please click here: